Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 XL cameras not charging consistently with Arlo Solar Panels

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
TexasCrane
Follower
Follower

I have 3 Arlo Pro 4 XL cameras each with an attached Arlo VMA5600 Solar Panel.  When I look the in the app, each camera recognizes that a solar panel is present.  However, they don't charge from the solar panel unless I disconnect the cable for a few seconds and reconnect it.  Then the camera immediately starts charging.  Once it hits 100%, it stops charging and will not restart as the battery gets lower unless I go out and physically disconnect and reconnect the cable again.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
willspot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is actually mixed of Arlo Essentials and Arlo Pro 4's (5 total cameras).  All have Arlo Solar Panels charging them until recently. Every one of them stopped charging.  All 5. I have tried all of the solutions I could find on the boards with no luck.  Re-positioned the panels, charged the batteries fully, etc... even purchased a new panel to see if would fix, no luck.  What could happened that breaks ever single camera at the same time.  We had 1-2 nights of <32 degrees, but this all.  Anyone have any ideas?  Or are they all junk?  Literally.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TexasCrane,

If you remove and reinsert the camera battery to reboot the camera, do you still see this same behavior?

JamesC

JoolsAPAC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.

3x Arlo Pro4 with VMA5600 set up, on 2 continents, all stopped charging at the same time. Sonetime in December.

3x Arlo Pro4 wall AC powered, no issue at all, 100% charged

Fixes like restart, unplug etc, all fail to resolve solar power charging issue.

Not a hardware or solar panel issue. It's likely a firmware upgrade from December issue.

Unless Arlo can issue a firmware update, we might be stuck with non working blobs of plastic.

slewd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've done all I could including changing cameras, buying new batteries,  changing the housings, purchasing approved yet different solar panels, ensuring the contact points of the charging cord are cleaned and still no charging. I'm fed up with this Arlo Pro 4 XL as I am weekly having to fix the cameras. This has been going on for over a year. I will buy a more reliable wired system that has a hard drive, back-up batteries for power outage and not have to buy a monthly iCloud plan. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@slewd 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Jnavagh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem with my Arlo Go. Charges once to 100%, then doesn’t charge again until I disconnect and reconnect the cord. Very inconvenient as this camera is 2 hours away from home and at the top of a 20 foot pole. Any solutions?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are we still experiencing this issue?

Thanks 

Jnavagh
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Go 2 cameras are now charging without issues. Yes, resolved for me. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jnavagh Thank you for the update. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation