Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 XL battery lasts 3 days

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Stu2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone got any advice on this…the battery lasts 3 days on full charge and it’s off the wall more than on it! I’ve tried charging for longer periods and also altered the settings to minimise use and triggers but short of turning it off which totally defeats the reason it’s there I’m not sure what to do? I’ve tried to get some answers from Arlo but no reply…I’ve got the XL which is supposed to last a few months not 3 days! 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stu2022 wrote:

Anyone got any advice on this…the battery lasts 3 days on full charge and it’s off the wall more than on it! I’ve tried charging for longer periods and also altered the settings to minimise use and triggers but short of turning it off which totally defeats the reason it’s there I’m not sure what to do? 

How much video streaming is the camera doing (approximate minutes per day)?  If you use activity zones, you need to delete them in order to estimate this (as supression of out-of-zone videos and notifications is done in the Arlo Cloud).

Stu2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe 4 or 5mins....but in fairness, altering my usage cannot in any way bridge the gap from 3 days (actual battery) to the 12 months in the battery claim online and in the product specs?

It simply doesn't last anywhere near the amount of time claimed and probably is one for the ASA to look at...

I've tried 2 units and they both do the same and the battery is gone in days.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stu2022 wrote:

Maybe 4 or 5mins....

Are you sure? Are you using activity zones?

Mine do last for many months (though generally not 12).  Though in my case the XL batteries are used with a Pro 3 floodlight and Ultras.

The main causes of rapid battery drain are

• frequent dropped network connections
  • excessive video streaming.

There have also been some complaints here recently about rapid battery drain when connected to a solar panel.  So if you are using one with the Pro 4, then try disconnecting it.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation