Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Todd-E
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since 4/22/2022 our pro 4 ultra camera quit detecting People and Motion. I can Make it record Manually or snap a picture and the recordings store into the library.  But I walk around the area it normally records but won't detect me or other motion. Yes Subscription is active.  Any Ideas? 

Note The model it asked me to pick may or may not be correct. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Todd-E wrote:
Yes. Active subscription, The video is active, no filters I reset anyway, I manually recorded yesterday and took a picture both saved to library. I left the house this morning while still dark. Arlo lit up but no recording on library. Only the 2 records from yesterday is all that is in our library.

Not sure if this reply answered @jguerdat's question or not.  He is wanting you to check that the camera(s) are actually being told to record.  For instance, set the mode to "Armed", and also confirm that the Armed mode contains a rule for each camera that includes recording on motion detection.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

You might also try just removing the battery from the camera, and then reinserting it.   Then see if motion recording is restored.

BTW, do you have a Pro 4 or an Ultra (there is no such thing as a "Pro 4 Ultra")?  If you have a Pro 4, do you also have a smarthub?   Or is the camera directly connected to your home wifi?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your active mode? Does it have a rule for the camera?

Todd-E
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. Active subscription, The video is active, no filters I reset anyway, I manually recorded yesterday and took a picture both saved to library. I left the house this morning while still dark. Arlo lit up but no recording on library. Only the 2 records from yesterday is all that is in our library.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Todd-E wrote:

Not sure if this reply answered @jguerdat's question or not.  He is wanting you to check that the camera(s) are actually being told to record.  For instance, set the mode to "Armed", and also confirm that the Armed mode contains a rule for each camera that includes recording on motion detection.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

You might also try just removing the battery from the camera, and then reinserting it.   Then see if motion recording is restored.

BTW, do you have a Pro 4 or an Ultra (there is no such thing as a "Pro 4 Ultra")?  If you have a Pro 4, do you also have a smarthub?   Or is the camera directly connected to your home wifi?

Todd-E
Aspirant
Aspirant
The pull and resetting of the battery fixed the issue. Thank you. Why would this fix the automatic record when restarting wouldn't?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Todd-E wrote:
The pull and resetting of the battery fixed the issue. Thank you. Why would this fix the automatic record when restarting wouldn't?

I think you must have restarted the base.

Removing/reinserting the battery reboots the camera.  Also, if anything in the hardware has locked up, removing the power generally resolves that.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation