Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Operation Failed - Reason ActivityZones does not exist

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jim006
Guide
Guide

I recently moved my Pro 4 cameras from WiFi to a VMB4000r3 Base Station.

When the phones were on WiFi, I setup Activity Zones in the Arlo App (my phones are on an active 3 month Arlo Secure trial until mid-Feb 2022).  After moving the camera to the Base Station, I can no longer change or edit the Activity Zones.  When deleting a zone, editing an existing zone, or adding a new zone, the Arlo App responds with a popup that says "Operation Failed.  Reason ActivityZones does not exist."

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jim006
Guide
Guide

Ok - problem solved.  It was some kind of issue with the Arlo App on my Android phone.

I closed and restarted the application and then the cameras showed no current activity zones.  So all the activity zones were technically reset after the move from wifi to the base station -- however the application still showed the previous activity zones.

It all sounds confusing, but the short answer is "shutdown and restart the android app".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jim006 wrote:

When deleting a zone, editing an existing zone, or adding a new zone, the Arlo App responds with a popup that says "Operation Failed.  Reason ActivityZones does not exist."

Is the camera covered by a subscription?

If not, is the camera connected to AC power?

Are you using an iPhone? Or Android?

Jim006
Guide
Guide

I have three Pro-4 cameras currently on the Arlo Secure 3-month trial subscription (comes free with new camera purchase).  All three cameras are connected to a power supply.

I'm using Android.  However, I mentioned above that I was able to create activity zones before moving the cameras from my WiFi home router to the VMB4000 Base Station using the Arlo App.  This is a new failure after moving the cameras to the Base Station.

Jim006
Guide
Guide

Ok - problem solved.  It was some kind of issue with the Arlo App on my Android phone.

I closed and restarted the application and then the cameras showed no current activity zones.  So all the activity zones were technically reset after the move from wifi to the base station -- however the application still showed the previous activity zones.

It all sounds confusing, but the short answer is "shutdown and restart the android app".

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jim006 wrote:

This is a new failure after moving the cameras to the Base Station.

I agree.

I suggest removing the camera and then re-adding it.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation