Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

One of 3 cameras 'offline' and not receiving motion alerts after Arlo system wide failure

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
guiterssamc
Aspirant
Aspirant

After yet another system wide failure within the past couple of months where everything stopped working - again - I had to take down all of my cameras - again - factory reset them - again - and two out of three of them worked.  To complicate matters - this time the QR code wasn't reading from my phone on initial setup.  I had to do a factory reset for them to read the QR code.  I couldn't add them individually, I had to add them as a group.  I had to take out the batteries and put them back in, followed by holding the sync button, then using the app on my Iphone to connect to wifi, etc.  2 out of the 3 cameras worked.  I can not get the last one to work.   In the mean time I have tried reinstalling the app on my iphone, and rebooting my modem and router; that last camera still won't work.  It is being set up the same as when I first got the cameras out of the box.  Nothing is different.  Not one setting has changed.  Activity zones, night vision, power mode all THE SAME.  After multiple hours of chatting with customer support using chat - them leaving due to 'inactivity' while I was doing what they instructed me to do, and then having to restart the entire conversation this must be the 4th time I have done this I lost count - it still doesn't work.  I even called them, and sent them screen shots and email logs.  That was another dilemma in it of itself because if you don't have the 'mail' app on your iphone and use Gmail, you have to go through the trouble of adding it and setting it up to work with the email address you have associated with your account.  Otherwise it will say that your 'email permissions are not set up'.  To add to my frustration, now when I log into the app I don't have the option to call customer service through the app.  I have the number in my phone history from yesterday so I wrote it down because I will be speaking to someone on Monday.  

The last time that there was a system wide melt down, you couldn't even contact support because they 'cancelled your subscription'.  At this point if no one can help me, I will be showering the internet with horrible reviews about my experience and getting my money back for the cameras and the subscription that I have paid for and haven't been able to use for this month.  I have spent hours factory resetting everything, even dragged the cameras in and out of their subscription status as directed to by the last customer service rep on chat, followed by removing the camera from the app, factory resetting it, adding it back in, only for it to be manually accessed.  No live updates.  

Can someone please help me?  I'm beyond frustrated and ready to cancel everything and begin my negative reviews 'party'.  I'm already at least 6 hours into this.  It shouldn't have to be this difficult... 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

guiterssamc,

What is the LED behavior for the third camera you're having trouble with? At what point are you experiencing  an issue during setup?

JamesC

guiterssamc
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, 

The LED behavior of the third camera was just as the other 2 on setup.  3 amber blinks after holding in the sync button, then a few seconds later, blue blinks for a couple of minutes which eventually timed out.  

We had to log out of all active sessions in my account via pc, then under privacy select the 'delete and reset' option for the problem camera.  I then deleted my partner's shared 'friend' access via his account.  Then - my partner had to log in to his account and was able to fully delete his account.  After that, I went through the entire process of resyncing the problem camera with my account.  It didn't initially receive live alerts.  I had to drag the camera out of 'cameras with subscriptions' to 'cameras with no subscriptions' and back again.  Then it worked.  All of this because that camera was added on my partner's linked account to reinstall it after a system wide melt down from Arlo.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sherrylee,

For the doorbell to record video you need to have an active trial plan or Arlo Secure subscription.

For more information on this, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000056588/How-do-I-subscribe-to-Arlo-Secure

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation