Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No option for Leave with Geo Fencing

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Margrave
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the new upgrade for Arlo Secure, 4.11,  I have added 5 cameras, and would like to set Geo Fencing, going to routines, Automations, I can set up Arrive, but when trying to add leave there is not option to set it up.  

I have geo fencing turned on in Settings>Arlo Secure app>Location/out Notifications

Seemed to work before this latest update, would appreciate any help or ideas 

Margrave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Margrave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shayne

Thank you for all of your help and support, yes all is running like with my old cameras.

Big sigh.

Ha a Happy Holiday and the best in the New Year

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It is confusing but it does work. When setting up a Leave geofencing automation, click on Anyone Arrives but then select from the bottom section, People Leave.

Margrave
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguedat 

thanks for the help, when I set up anyone arrives, then go to the bottom section people leave, the top section unchecks. I still must be doing something wrong People Arrive.jpeg

Margrave
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got the Leave and arrive set in my arlo app, but now when I check, the arrive will some times show disable.  Clicking on the little Icon turns it back on, but will it stay on long term

Thanks 

Margrave

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've seen the "disabled" thing, too, but don't know why it gets set. @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN ? How/when is the disabled flag set?

Margrave
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure have its been set, just happens.

My new set up has not changed I just looked at the setting and “disabled” 

is no showing, ill see what happens the rest of the day.

Again thanks for your help

Margrave

Margrave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Checked my phone again and Arlo once again had Leave as disabled, lat nigh it was showing as active

Margrave 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN , any suggestions?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this occurring with Android or iOS?

Margrave
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spent time Friday with support, but they have not come up with any suggestions yet.

Working on this over the weekend, I have found this happening.

Saturday night both Leave and Armed were showing as active, I manually activated both, Sunday morning Arrive was active, standby, but Leave, arm, was showing disabled.

Took the phone out of the geo zone, it did not send a notice of activation, arm, returning into the zone, Arrive activated, standby, and sent a notice, and Leave, arm, is now showing as disabled.

Possible this might be the new normal? Ill see what happens tomorrow going in and out of the zone area.

Margrave

Margrave
Aspirant
Aspirant

ios iphone 15 pro

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Margrave 

I was informed everything is up an running now. Let me know if you encounter anything else and we'll be here to assist you. 

Thank you 

Margrave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shayne

Thank you for all of your help and support, yes all is running like with my old cameras.

Big sigh.

Ha a Happy Holiday and the best in the New Year

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Margrave 

Thank you, you as well : ) 

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation