Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No More Manual Recording for Arlo 4???

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Who's idea was it to remove the manual record feature on the Arlo Pro 4? This make no sense and is a huge step backward. Please explain the purpose for this move!

Thanks

I'm using the latest version of iPhone 8 and the Arlo app.

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ScotCamera wrote:

Who's idea was it to remove the manual record feature on the Arlo Pro 4?

Manual recording is still a supported feature, but it requires

• that you have a subscription
  • that 2K/4K livestreaming be disabled.
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

I see now. 

If I disable 2K livestreaming, will it still record at 2K for manual and auto detect?

Thanks for your quick response.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ScotCamera wrote:

If I disable 2K livestreaming, will it still record at 2K for manual and auto detect?

It will record at 2K for auto detect, but only 1080p for manual recordings.

ekantsur
Aspirant
Aspirant

You can manually record by activating a live stream and then clicking on the record option. This will manually record and the resulting content will appear in your library after the stream has ended. 

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

The live stream doesn't work when using the latest Arlo app on my iPhone 8.  Nothing happens when i click the circle with the triangle inside. The camera works and records when there is motion, but I cannot live stream at all. I have two Arlo 4 cameras that have the same behavior so I don't think the problem is specific to one camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ScotCamera wrote:

The live stream doesn't work when using the latest Arlo app on my iPhone 8.  Nothing happens when i click the circle with the triangle inside. The camera works and records when there is motion, but I cannot live stream at all. I have two Arlo 4 cameras that have the same behavior so I don't think the problem is specific to one camera.

Do you have 2K livestreaming enabled?  If you do, try disabling it as a test.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Disabling 2K seems to work, but what's the point of streaming 2K if you can't watch it? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ScotCamera wrote:

Disabling 2K seems to work

Were you ever able to livestream these cameras at 2K to your iPhone 8?

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, the only fall back I noticed I was not able to manually record when the live stream was already in progress. It seems like a couple of weeks ago I no longer am able to stream anything if 2K live stream was checked on.

It definitely feels like ever who is in charge of the software development for these cameras does not fully test them out. What works at one time, no longer works down the road. I feel like it is using their paying customers to debug their software!

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation