Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo Pro 4 will not charge; battery shows low even after charging

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
liveontomorrow
Tutor
Tutor

Just purchased Arlo Pro 4 and found the battery low even after hours of charging. I can verify the LED comes on when charging and the camera is fully inserted into it's shell. 
The camera does not require a hub/base station. It is connected to my 2.4Hz Wifi directly. 

Also the app does not show a percentage on the camera of how exactly low it is. 

Any suggestions?

Arlo 4 Pro Low Battery.PNG
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The LED should only come on when power is connected and shouldn't remain on. Depending on the LED setting in the camera settings, a full charge would then illuminate the blue LED.

If the battery is fully discharged for any reason, read the FAQ in the support section that details how to get a full charge. Basically, it has to be plugged in multiple times to get sufficient charge in the battery to allow a proper charge.

liveontomorrow
Tutor
Tutor
Hello, thank you for your reply. This helps as far as the blue LED indications.  However, I don't think this solves the problem of the app showing the battery is at 5% or lower which puts the icon at red which means I will never know when to recharge the battery. 
Is there an expected firmware or software update to resolve this?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You should get an email to notify <15% battery level (of course, if it's dropping rapidly that could be after the battery is dead). A good strategy is to occasionally check the level yourself - when the icon turn red it's below 25%. Recharge proactively - don't wait until it's a problem.

liveontomorrow
Tutor
Tutor

It appears then that I have received a defective camera or battery and will need to return this device. 

Thank you for your help w/this issue.

liveontomorrow
Tutor
Tutor
Scratch that last post. Before I decided to finally give up, I tried to "Remove Device", then reinstalled it (this would be my 3rd or 4th time total throughout this troubleshooting process). Magically, this last reinstall worked. I can see I have 100% of my battery working and the install even took me further with tutorials and offers than any previous time.
I guess I will be keeping this camera now. 🙂
JRock17
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also all of a sudden cannot get my one camera to charge. I have had them for 4 months and never had an issue. The charger is fine, as it charges my other 2 cameras no problem. Now it flashes blue for a few seconds like it always does when i first plug it in, shows its charging, but the percentage will not go up. I will try to uninstall and reinstall to see if that works.
liveontomorrow
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JRock17,  I would try the install and reinstall. Maybe even space it out a day in between installs (just something that worked for me).   In addition, if it still doesn't show a percentage, try using the camera for awhile. If it truly isn't charged, it won't last long with usage. You can also take a fully charged battery from your other camera and insert it into the problematic camera (just to be sure you truly have a fully charged battery).

However, the bigger issue is needing to get that percentage icon to show up and work. Otherwise, I don't think the app can acknowledge when the camera will truly have low power.  Good luck!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation