Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Jsterz
Initiate
Initiate

This new update is complete garbage. I wish that I had never done it. The previous app was user friendly and easy to use. Whoever designed this update should be looking for a new job… same with the people that tested and approved it. I will be cancelling my subscription and switching to something else if changes are not made very soon. Listen to the people who pay for this product which is now awful to use. 

6 REPLIES 6
WineMonkey
Initiate
Initiate

I couldn't agree more. The new app is a f****** disaster. Our whole system is now either fully armed or full disarmed. No way to arm or disarm specific cameras. WTF WERE YOU THINKING ARLO????

DK-AUS
Tutor
Tutor

I completely agree.

I had to reset all my cameras.
For the life of me I cant put a basic schedule to have my cameras turn off at a certain time and on again the same day repeatedly. And yes I have read how they say to do it and it so not intuitive. This was super easy before the update. 

Even the notifications that now come through suck. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The key to schedules is to set one to activate a mode at a time and set another schedule to activate a different mode. It really is that easy. It's also unlike the old UI where you set start and stop times as a function of the schedule.

txncraig
Initiate
Initiate

I totally agree! Several years ago, I started with an Arlo doorbell cam after being disgusted with Ring. I’ve since added another six devices that worked great…UNTIL I was forced to download the “new” app. Gone is the “Library”, replaced with “Feed”. It’s horrible to operate and now my doorbell isn’t catching all activity. I wish there was a way to return to the old app. 

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

@WineMonkey there is, but you need to set up both modes and schedules. Look for my posts from late last year, early this year, where I outlined how to set up different modes and schedules for individual cameras. Unfortunately, you'll only be able to set up three sets only, as the new app is limited to three modes only.

DK-AUS
Tutor
Tutor

I eventually got there thank you. The other way of doing it was much more intuitive.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation