Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My shared cameras aren’t appearing in shared person’s account

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Captain_America
Aspirant
Aspirant

Under the old app we had shared my MIL’s cameras with my wife and I.  I had also shared our home’s Pro 4 cameras with my wife’s account.  Since adding the Doorbell Second Gen the app updated and now none of the phones are able to view the shared cameras.

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

This has become a common issue for arlo users when they update to the new user interface. Once you update your account you will no longer be able to share to users still using the older UI. 

Since you can’t revert back the only option you have is for shared users to upgrade to the newer UI.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There are two interfaces within the Arlo mobile app today. New accounts will see a new UI experience, this shows a "Feeds" tab across the bottom of the app. Accounts that were set up previously will show a library tab across the bottom of the app. Take a look at the app on your account and the app on the other device and compare. Both accounts will need to have the same UI experience showing "Feeds".

If your account does not show "Feeds", you will need upgrade your account UI by attempting to onboard a security system or a Pro 5 camera (even if you do not have one). Once you enter the onboarding flow for one of these products, you will be prompted to update the app to the new UI experience. After completing the upgrade, you can then leave the onboarding flow and share devices with your spouse and Mother in Laws.

Please let us know if this works.

Captain_America
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, so I’ve re-deleted our mutual accesses, triggered the upgrade, and re-re-added us.  It’s working.  Thanks!

One thing: I have to toggle between the two homes; I cannot see all 11 cameras (6 at my house, 5 at Mama’s) at the same time.  Is there a way to get all 11 cameras to appear on a single screen without having to toggle back and forth?

Thanks!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

No, sorry you will have to toggle that back and forth to be able to see all cameras involved with the share. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation