Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mounting Camera at Lower Height to Catch Faces

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Eltee
Aspirant
Aspirant

We've all seen camera footage from traditionally high mounted cameras. If the intruder is wearing a baseball hat and/or a hoodie the high angle makes it hard to see the face.

I just recently received my Arlo Pro 4 cameras and am considering mounting one at a lower level, maybe 5 feet high, in order to catch faces better. I will hide it within foliage and in the past I've disguised cameras by painting the body to blend in or I know I can purchase camo "skins" plus I've also used artificial foliage to help a camera blend in.  I realize that if a badguy does spot the camera it would be easy for him to steal it or destroy it but I believe if it is well hidden (without obscuring the camera, lights, sensor, etc.) the odds are in my favor.

Are there any known issues re. mounting an Arlo lower than the recommended 7 feet above ground?

THANK YOU.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eltee,

While you likely won't experience any specific technical issues mounting the camera a bit lower, we advise that you place the camera at least 7 feet off the ground for best performance. Take a look here for more information on positioning: How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eltee,

While you likely won't experience any specific technical issues mounting the camera a bit lower, we advise that you place the camera at least 7 feet off the ground for best performance. Take a look here for more information on positioning: How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

JamesC

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Eltee  I have 2 Pro3's about 2 and 4 feet off the ground on a long walkway and do have a clear view of people walking especially faces. I live in the county and I am not worried about theft of them as they are recorded before they would see the cams

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation