Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Broadwin
Follower
Follower
Hi,
I have a very strange problem with one of my arlo cameras. I have Arlo Pro 2 base station with two Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I have bought an extra Arlo Pro 4 camera (VMC4050P) that is connected to the Arlo Pro 2 base station. The connection to all three cameras are normally very good. Though when it starts to rain I lose connection to the Arlo Pro 4 camera. Light rain is enough to break the connection. The other Arlo Pro 2 cameras stays connected. What is going on here?
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Broadwin wrote:
Hi,
I have a very strange problem with one of my arlo cameras. I have Arlo Pro 2 base station with two Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I have bought an extra Arlo Pro 4 camera (VMC4050P) that is connected to the Arlo Pro 2 base station. The connection to all three cameras are normally very good. Though when it starts to rain I lose connection to the Arlo Pro 4 camera. Light rain is enough to break the connection. The other Arlo Pro 2 cameras stays connected. What is going on here?

That is strange.  If you swap the Pro 4 with one of the Pro 2 cameras, do the symptoms change?

Might also be worth looking inside the Pro 4, and making sure no water is getting in.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try swapping cameras around to see if it's the camera or location. I wonder if the Pro 4 is at the edge of useful signal and the rain is deflecting/absorbing enough signal to cause the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation