Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DP0077
Aspirant
Aspirant

As soon as the promotional subscription ran out the new Arlo Pr04 cameras stopped having their video displayed in the library when accessing from the IOS app . The older Pro 2 cameras still write and display in the library from the app just fine. The alerts are still triggered and displayed on the phone but nothing appears in the library. I have removed one of the Pro 4 cameras and re-added with no success. This issue still occurs. In looking at the USB data itself the video is being stored on the USB key just not accessible via the library in either the app or the arlo website.

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

@DP0077 wrote:

As soon as the promotional subscription ran out the new Arlo Pr04 cameras stopped having their video displayed in the library when accessing from the IOS app . The older Pro 2 cameras still write and display in the library from the app just fine. The alerts are still triggered and displayed on the phone but nothing appears in the library. I have removed one of the Pro 4 cameras and re-added with no success. This issue still occurs. In looking at the USB data itself the video is being stored on the USB key just not accessible via the library in either the app or the arlo website.

Do you have a current sub after the trial ran out? You need one on Pro4  for cloud recordings you were seeing. Are you connected to a base/hub for local storage  or directly to your wifi which needs cloud with a subscription. No matter what you can't access local storage on web site or app unless you view the usb  inserted in a computer with the VMB4500 you listed. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote:
No matter what you can't access local storage on web site or app unless you view the usb  inserted in a computer with the VMB4500 you listed. 

@DP0077 :  I want to underscore this.  Direct access to local storage via the mobile app requires a smarthub - that is, a VMB4540 or a VMB5000.  It's not available with older bases.

DP0077
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is a VMB4500, It worked yesterday and still works today provided the video source was the Pro 2 camera's. 

DP0077
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have no subscription, All cameras are connected through the VMB4500 hub. So if I understand correctly. although the video footage is written to the USB. I cannot review footage written by the pro 4 cameras? Only the footage written by the pro 2 cameras? via the app?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DP0077 wrote:

I have no subscription, All cameras are connected through the VMB4500 hub. So if I understand correctly. although the video footage is written to the USB. I cannot review footage written by the pro 4 cameras? Only the footage written by the pro 2 cameras? via the app?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

Correct.  Your Pro 2 cameras were sold with free 7-day cloud storage as a feature, and Arlo continues to provide that.  Arlo stopped offering that feature on cameras introduced in 2018 (starting with the Ultra) - so the Pro 4 doesn't have it.

Options are to

• get the Arlo Secure subscription
  • upgrade the VMB4500 to a VMB4540 or VMB5000 and use direct access to local storage from the app (not the browser)
  • eject the USB stick every time you want to review the recordings.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation