Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live streaming when away from home

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MikeOakville
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Pro 4 cameras, connected directly to my wifi, that I just setup. I am seeing posts here that I am not allowed to do Live streaming UNLESS I am on the same network, ie I am home. 

Does this mean I cannot perform Live streaming if I am away from home? 

This is the sole reason I purchased these cameras?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's the 2k or 4k streaming you've selected in the camera settings that causes this (you're in the Ultra (4k) section but state Pro 4 (2k)) - that's only available on the local network. Disable that to stream remotely.

MikeOakville
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I clarify. So if I turn 2K off then I will be able to perform live streaming on my Pro 4 cameras when away from home? 

If so, that’s at least a solution, but also disappointing as I bought a premium camera for its 2K video capabilities. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. It's the 2k streaming that's the issue (the 2k toggle actually states "Local 2k Live Streaming").

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MikeOakville,

To further clarify, you can still "Live Stream" away from home with the Local 2K live Streaming feature enabled. The live stream will just be in 1080p rather than 2K.

To read more about this feature, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062237/Why-can-t-I-local-live-stream-in-2K-or-4K-on-my-Arlo-camera

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation