Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Is there a way to power the Arlo Pro 4 camera without using a battery?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
burger42
Tutor
Tutor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@burger42 wrote:

Yes, the charger can power the camera w/o a battery inserted.  There is an outdoor charger accessory (which would be needed if the charger or cabling is exposed to the weather).  The cable for the outdoor charger is 25 feet.

Note you can also leave the charger connected all the time with the battery installed.  Unless it's very cold in your area during winter, I'd recommend doing that.

There have been a couple of bugs reported here fairly recently by folks who are running their Pro 4 cameras on AC power.  I don't know if they are fully resolved yet (or not).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@burger42 wrote:

Yes, the charger can power the camera w/o a battery inserted.  There is an outdoor charger accessory (which would be needed if the charger or cabling is exposed to the weather).  The cable for the outdoor charger is 25 feet.

Note you can also leave the charger connected all the time with the battery installed.  Unless it's very cold in your area during winter, I'd recommend doing that.

There have been a couple of bugs reported here fairly recently by folks who are running their Pro 4 cameras on AC power.  I don't know if they are fully resolved yet (or not).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation