Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there a hub for arlo pro 4?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Moonwish89
Aspirant
Aspirant
I want to have local storage of my videos and I saw that the hub allows that for older models. I have 3 arlo pro 4 and a wire essential arlo doorbell as well as an arlo floodlight 3 and would love to be able to view the vid stream simultaniously and have local storage. Is that a possibility?
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Moonwish89 wrote:
I want to have local storage of my videos and I saw that the hub allows that for older models. I have 3 arlo pro 4 and a wire essential arlo doorbell as well as an arlo floodlight 3 and would love to be able to view the vid stream simultaniously and have local storage. Is that a possibility?

The VMB4540 and VMB5000 support the pro 4, pro 3 floodlight, essential, and the wired doorbell (AVD1001).  They don't support the AVD2001 (wirefree) doorbell yet.

Not sure what you mean by "view the vid stream simultaneously and have local storage"

Moonwish89
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I read that the hub has an sd card where u can locally store the vids and I also read that with the app on the computer u could live stream the devices simultaneously. Idk if it is accurate.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Moonwish89 wrote:
So I read that the hub has an sd card where u can locally store the vids and I also read that with the app on the computer u could live stream the devices simultaneously. Idk if it is accurate.

The VMB5000 has a microSD slot, the VMB4540 uses USB storage. The stored videos can be accessed directly via the smartphone app, but not on the computer.

Are you are asking if you can live stream the devices on the PC while you are accessing the stored videos on the phone?  You need to use "friend" access for that, since each account can only have one log on at a time.  Friend access doesn't require a base station.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation