Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Integrating 2 systems at properties in 2 different states - Arlo Pro 4 and Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
neumonic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a house in Texas and a house in NJ.  Texas house has a Pro 2 setup...only the 7 day cloud service.  I want to install a Pro 4 system in NJ.  Will the two systems integrate using the app on my iPhone?  Obviously will be different networks.  

Assuming the app will integrate the Texas and NJ systems together, when I purchase a secure cloud service, will the Texas cameras be included in the NJ cloud service using the Pro 4.

Any feedback will be appreciated.  I can't be the only person with 2 properties trying to monitor them using Arlo, right?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@neumonic wrote:

Assuming the app will integrate the Texas and NJ systems together, when I purchase a secure cloud service, will the Texas cameras be included in the NJ cloud service using the Pro 4.

You can have cameras in multiple cameras with a single account.  

If your app is showing "Feed" and "Dashboard" at the bottom, then you can explicitly set up two locations (one for each home).  You'd only need the subscription for the Pro 4 camera location, since the Pro 2 cameras have the 7-day free cloud storage.  If you added new cameras to the Texas home, then you would need two subscriptions.

If your app is still showing "Library", then only one subscription would be needed, no matter what cameras are instlled in Texas.  However, at some point (no idea when), Arlo will migrate everyone to "Feed". 

neumonic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for the answer, Stephen.  My app does not show "feed" or dashboard at the bottom.  It does have the library.  I suspect I can add the new system.  Unfortunately, while surfing other camera systems, I took a liking to Wyze.  I like the pan and tilt cameras.   I'm inclined to go with Wyze now.  I do like Arlo, it's been a good system.  I may regret going to Wyze, but it's good to know I probably can integrate the two systems under on app.  I eventually will sell the Texas house, so the Wyze system should serve my purpose for now.  Any feedback on the Wyze system would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation