Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to stop Incessant Arlo Marketing and other arlo emails unrelated to my arlo camera operation

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
help123456
Tutor
Tutor

I receive daily, incessant arlo marketing and other arlo emails unrelated to the operation of my arlo cameras.  I can't find any setting after logging into my arlo account to stop this.  The incessant emails themselves have no unsubscribe hyperlink.  Anyone know how to stop this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
help123456
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  However, identifying spam to my email provider is a last resort when dealing with disreputable actors, which Arlo is not.   

While at least one other Arlo customer reported the same experience there was no posted solution in the Arlo database that I could find.  Since the Arlo community didn't have a solution when I raised the issue again I emailed Arlo Support and received a prompt reply.  Here's the solution:

Go to Settings > Profile > Edit Profile > Unselect  "Keep me up-to-date on the latest news, support and more from Arlo"  then click on  Save at the bottom of the page.

Arlo support clarified that while "unselecting" this feature would unsubscribe me from receiving marketing emails, I would continue to receive important device and system updates since I was still subscribed to a plan and had active devices in my Arlo account.  Fair enough.  I'll know by tomorrow if it worked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Within the Arlo app you can navigate to Settings > Profile > Edit Profile > uncheck the keep me updates at the bottom, if that doesn't work, you can try marking the emails as spam or junk? 

help123456
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  However, identifying spam to my email provider is a last resort when dealing with disreputable actors, which Arlo is not.   

While at least one other Arlo customer reported the same experience there was no posted solution in the Arlo database that I could find.  Since the Arlo community didn't have a solution when I raised the issue again I emailed Arlo Support and received a prompt reply.  Here's the solution:

Go to Settings > Profile > Edit Profile > Unselect  "Keep me up-to-date on the latest news, support and more from Arlo"  then click on  Save at the bottom of the page.

Arlo support clarified that while "unselecting" this feature would unsubscribe me from receiving marketing emails, I would continue to receive important device and system updates since I was still subscribed to a plan and had active devices in my Arlo account.  Fair enough.  I'll know by tomorrow if it worked.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation