Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Nodakskip3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had two old arlo cameras that are going out of life. Got two new Arlo Pro 4s set up. My mother and father were using the app as well under their emails and I was using my own as accounts. The cameras were shared among us. Suddenly the arlo app updated to arlo secure for me.  Now I only see the new Pro 4s. I tried to re add the old cameras but the app will not let me. And now when my parents use their email and passwords it goes to the old app and shows two deactivated cameras not new ones.  They are using my email and pass at the moment as I set up the new ones. (new cams were shared) They can not get into the new app (arlo secure) with their logins.

Anyway I got a new phone. I am going from a samsung s22 plus to a Samsung s23 plus. However the arlo app sends a code to the old samsung s22 phone. How to do I get the app to send to my new phone s23 plus? I am going to be erasing and trading in the s22 plus to samsung soon. I am on a trial for Arlo if that matters? 

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nodakskip3 wrote:

Had two old arlo cameras that are going out of life. Got two new Arlo Pro 4s set up. My mother and father were using the app as well under their emails and I was using my own as accounts. The cameras were shared among us.

Are all these cameras in your account?  Or are some in your parents accounts?

Nodakskip3
Aspirant
Aspirant

The two older cameras were in all accounts, but they were set up by my mothers phone app. And then shared with me and my dad. I used my phone to set up the two new pro 4 cameras and shared them with mom and dad. All have admin rights. But if you approve a new thing it sends a link to my samsung s22 plus to approve. It also has my email listed as a an alternative method. I just am wondering if the app is erased when the s22 is reformatted will it still get a notification? I am guessing not, but wanted to check.  Also right now there is two phones on my account old and new. If I reformat the S22 plus and the S23 plus is the only one left... will the notices just transfer to that?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nodakskip3 wrote:

The two older cameras were in all accounts, but they were set up by my mothers phone app.

To clarify, this means they are in your mother's account.  Then were shared with the other accounts with the "friend" feature.

Arlo cameras can only be in one account (usually called the "primary" account here).  When troubleshooting camera sharing problems, it is important to know which account is the primary account for each camera.

@Nodakskip3 wrote:
Suddenly the arlo app updated to arlo secure for me

Are you saying that you now see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in the app, instead of seeing "Library"?

If so, can you also confirm that the you added Pro 4 cameras?  And not the Pro 5s, or the new Essential Gen 2 cameras?  The Pro 4 shouldn't have migrated your account to "Feed", but those other cameras should.

If you are now on "Feed", then part of the solution is to force the other accounts to migrate to "Feed" as well.

Nodakskip3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes the two older cameras were set up in my mothers account. Then they were shared to my father and myself. Since I was the only one home I used my arlo app to set up the new 2 arlo pro 4 cameras. I then shared it to them or granted access. Then they could see it on their accounts. So we could see all four.

And sorry if I was not clear. In the arlo secure app on the bottom it shows (on the bottom Dashboard, Feed, Emergency, Devices, and Routines. If I go to DEVICES then it shows the two new cameras (Pro 4s) and does not show or list the old ones. If I hit the play icon it goes into a live camera view feed. We really do not set them to record movement or need plans. As it mostly started to check on the dogs when my parents were not home. I have a trial for an alro plan that started when I installed the Pro 4s. (We have a 3 pack of Pro 4s from best buy. We have not yet set up the third. )

I think the FEED part shows events that happened. One day my dad armed them by accident and when my moms dog barked at me it alerted us to an "Animal" and turned on the light on the camera. That showed up in the FEED Section.

The trouble is I want know how to have the updated Arlo Secure app show in my parents accounts. Is it because I started the free trial that it updated my app? Could it have caused the new pro 4s to migrate to only my app? On their apps even when they go to Arlo Secure they still see the screens for the old now shut down old cameras only. Do I have to re share those cameras with them?

GLLY
Aspirant
Aspirant

You have to send and grant them access under setting and they should be able to connect. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nodakskip3 wrote:

The trouble is I want know how to have the updated Arlo Secure app show in my parents accounts. Is it because I started the free trial that it updated my app? Could it have caused the new pro 4s to migrate to only my app? On their apps even when they go to Arlo Secure they still see the screens for the old now shut down old cameras only. Do I have to re share those cameras with them?

I know you have Feed (the new UI) showing but what about the others? If all are on the new UI, each person has to select the appropriate Home location to see those cameras. Each user has their own Home location so any shared cameras are shown only when that location is selected. Click on Home near the top of the screen and select the bottom choice. Renaming Home in each person's account may be useful to help identify which one to select.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

@Nodakskip3 wrote:

I know you have Feed (the new UI) showing but what about the others? 

To be clear - what you are seeing suggests that your account is using Feed, but your mother's account is using Library.

In order to sharing to work properly, you will need to get all accounts to use Feed.

We can give you instructions for that, but it best to know for sure that this is the problem first.

Nodakskip3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to know how to get my parents accounts to go to Feed and off of Library. Sorry for the delay.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read this FAQ - I assume all users have the latest app version:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062798/How-do-I-upgrade-my-Arlo-Secure-App-4-0-to-the-new-experience

Otherwise, choose to install a Pro 5, security system or any of the new Essential 2 cameras even though you don't have them. The first step is to migrate the account after which you can simply back out of the bogus install.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation