Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Have 6 Arlo Pro 4 cameras. Installed 4 successfully, but 2 failed.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LNorman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 6 Arlo Pro 4 cameras. All 6 installed successfully about 5 months ago using my iphone 12  and Netgear Nighthawk router, but have been stored away and not used since then. Of course the app showed they were all now offline, so I reinstalled them, but 2 failed. These 2 make it through the bar code scan (and both devices chime), however the app says they can't be found. The blue light usually starts flashing after the chime, sometimes, or intermittently, but not continuously while the Arlo app is searching for the device. I charged both cameras overnight, tried taking out the batteries and doing like the initial install, tried pressing the reset button on each device to start the install process, removed the devices from the Arlo app, and even removed them from my router network (they still showed up on my router, even though my Arlo app said they couldn't be found). I've moved the 2 cameras away from other wireless devices and even up beside the router, but nothing. Any suggestions. 

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LNorman,

Try factory resetting the cameras using the instructions here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

After the reset is complete, attempt the onboarding process again.

JamesC

LNorman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. As mentioned in my initial post, I did everything in the instructions link you sent me for the 2 cameras I was having a problem with, however, I didn't hold the reset button for a full 15 seconds, which may have solved the problem (though the other 4 cameras that were idle for the same amount of time, that also went offline, synced back up the first time I tried). Anyway, I had no idea how long it would take to get a response from the Arlo community, so I went back to Amazon and tried the customer service phone number listed, but the line went dead when I called it. Amazon tried getting in touch with Arlo, but had no luck, so they suggested I email Arlo but the email was returned saying Arlo wouldn't accept my email (probably because I wasn't on their organization's email list). At this point Amazon said they would send me replacements, which I just received. I will keep the factory reset and re-sync instructions for future reference. Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation