Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofence isn't working

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
varenummer
Guide
Guide

Hi all. Iam having a big issue. I set up the arlo pro 4. And everything is and have worked. 100%. Including geofence. So when leaving house it active. And when at home time plan. After 3 weeks everything starts. Geofence is not working now when I leave the house it won’t activate. I haven’t install any app or did anything to my phone at all in 3 weeks. Nothing at all. I haven’t even been in the arlo app setting or anything. Thanks I have been on arlo webpage help. And everything in settings on iPhone is 100% right. WiFi status are 90% strong Power 100%

IT HAVE BEEN WORKING, thats is the Strange thing
Where are the issue ? As IT!!! Have worked fine. Like very fine. Now not working.

I get a push message on phone that Iam out. But camera is deactivated and not activated

YES!! everything is like this, no issues...
SUPPORT in phone or case CANT HELP!!!!!

https://kb.arlo.com/000062271/Why-isn-t-the-Geofencing-mode-working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the app store. If you're still experiencing an issue with Geofencing, please reach out to me in a private message to troubleshoot further.

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Richland
Guide
Guide
Same problem here! Geofencing quit working about 4 weeks ago. I’ve had an open case since then. Have followed all suggestions and nothing works.
varenummer
Guide
Guide

Same here. SUPPORT is lost in Arlo... they cant help... 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've reached out via private message to gather more information on the issue you are experiencing.

JamesC

RuneG
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I walk the dog, I get a notification on my phone that Arlo is armed. This is as it should be, using geofencing. If I look in the Arlo app, I see that all cameras are deactivated. I have tried force closing Arlo app and rebooting cameras.

JOHNRC
Initiate
Initiate

I have seen this topic a number of times, but haven't yet found a fix that works. 

I have 3 Arlo Essential Cameras without a base station. 

I have geofencing set up with Away mode in 'Arm', and Home mode in 'Schedule'. My schedule is set to run on an evening, i.e when I am in bed. 

I get notifications to tell me home/away mode has been triggered,  but this isn't changing the mode on the camera its self. After speaking to support, they have told me that you cannot have both geofencing and schedule together, however the option is available on the app.... 

Their suggestion was to only use Geofencing, however this doesn't work for me as it then means that on an evening, the cameras are not armed when I am home. 

If anyone has any suggestions other than manually arming them it would be appreciated. l

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are your settings for Home and Away in the GF settings?

RuneG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Time plan when home. Activated when away.

The strange thing is, if I leave town, it activates as it should. It is only when I am close to - but outside the perimeter.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JOHNRC wrote:

After speaking to support, they have told me that you cannot have both geofencing and schedule together, however 

You can, so there is some confusion here.  Perhaps @JamesC or @Mark-V can provide some help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JOHNRC,

We've seen other reports of customers experiencing an issue with Geofencing when using cameras in AP mode (no base staton or SmartHub). These reports have been escalated to the development team and are currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

JOHNRC
Initiate
Initiate
So to add to this, by removing the schedule, geofencing is still sending notifications, but not triggering the change In mode on the camera
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried reducing the zone size?

Olu_D
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Geofencing on iOS switches from home to away and Arms the Camera when on Away mode but Never disarms it even when it reliably notifies me that it has changed to home mode.

Am I missing something here?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We've seen other reports of customers experiencing an issue with Geofencing when using cameras in AP mode (no base station or SmartHub). These reports have been escalated to the development team and are currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

Brynbutler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Similar issue.
Android user.
Geofencing saying in away or home mode.
But no change on app.
Programmed correctly.

Please help, At wits end!
RuneG
Aspirant
Aspirant
The zone is already the smallest it can be
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

There are some other posts here saying that geofencing is misbehaving for some users.  @JamesC indicated that Arlo is investigating.

keithpatton
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have enabled Geofencing for the Arlo Video Doorbell within the Arlo app for myself and also my wife's mobile under "Enabled Mobile Devices" section within the Mode > Device > Geofencing section of the Arlo app. 

We both are receiving notifications saying that Geofencing is switching to Away mode when i leave the house and she is still inside. In addition, the device is not being armed at the same time.

This means the notification provided to us are confusing for 2 reasons. Firstly, the notification is not correct as the device is not being armed, and secondly the away mode should not be triggered in any way until both of our devices have left the house. 

Both devices are correctly configured as far as i can tell with location enabled at all times.

Can anyone advise how to correct this issue, as otherwise we will have to disable the Geofencing feature and manually arm when leaving the house.

RuneG
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has stopped working entirely now - regardless of how far away I am. I get notification that it is activated but it never actually activates the system.

Frandsen77
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. It worked fine and some weeks ago it just stop working. My old cam change mode when I leave, but the 2 WiFi cams I have just give me a push message that is had changed mode but it don’t change
varenummer
Guide
Guide
Yes. They know the issue of geofence on iPhone. They told me they are working on it.
Richland
Guide
Guide
Yes! This is my problem exactly including the push notifications. Not working. I have an open case and have sent logs, speed test screen shots, camera serial numbers…everything that has been asked of me. It’s frustrating because my cameras must be armed to start recording motion, etc. my husband is a contractor who works from home. He is constantly coming and going to get tools, etc. It’s not feasible to manually arm/disarm so you’re not bombarded with push notifications. I’m extremely disappointed in Arlo’s functionality especially when it worked great for 9 months and now it’s worthless to me.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating these reports. Once we have a solution available, I will provide an update on the status of this issue.

JamesC

RuneG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any news regarding this issue? Not impressed with Arlo so far.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation