Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
varenummer
Guide
Guide

Hi all. Iam having a big issue. I set up the arlo pro 4. And everything is and have worked. 100%. Including geofence. So when leaving house it active. And when at home time plan. After 3 weeks everything starts. Geofence is not working now when I leave the house it won’t activate. I haven’t install any app or did anything to my phone at all in 3 weeks. Nothing at all. I haven’t even been in the arlo app setting or anything. Thanks I have been on arlo webpage help. And everything in settings on iPhone is 100% right. WiFi status are 90% strong Power 100%

IT HAVE BEEN WORKING, thats is the Strange thing
Where are the issue ? As IT!!! Have worked fine. Like very fine. Now not working.

I get a push message on phone that Iam out. But camera is deactivated and not activated

YES!! everything is like this, no issues...
SUPPORT in phone or case CANT HELP!!!!!

https://kb.arlo.com/000062271/Why-isn-t-the-Geofencing-mode-working

32 REPLIES 32
Richland
Guide
Guide
This is a new thing bc I had geofencing with scheduling set up and it worked for 7 months and now neither are working. This has been going on for 6 weeks now rendering this system useless.
varenummer
Guide
Guide

I really dont know, BUT what I can read online everywhere. ARLO support really suck

I bought brand new ARLO PRO 4 in europe 3 days after release. THE GEO fence worked 100% EASY and where so glad
Then they updated firmware in all camera, And then GEO fence where off even on Samsung phone

I tried eveything, reset, iphone, samsung phone, Oneplus
IT dont work

The support said to me :; That only iPhone have issues, thats not true
I bought the camera because of GEO fence.......

And also online I can read and see that ARLO have fighting with Geo Fence in 3 years
So I´m out, I return the camera and get the money back, and bying a brand new brand that will work

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is still being investigated by the development team. I do not have any new information to share at this time but as soon as I know more, I will post an update.

JamesC

Richland
Guide
Guide
Is there any update on a fix? In addition to Geofencing not working, now I am receiving sound notifications when I elected not to have the cameras record or notify me when there is sound. I live near an airport so now the cameras are recording everything which burns up the battery and records hundreds of instances. I have no choice but to leave my cameras armed 100% if the time since geofencing isn’t working. Frustrating.
varenummer
Guide
Guide

There is no update Yet, I have been in 1-1,5 month discussing with ARLO, that they will fix it in next update

they dont know whats wrong, and no one in ARLO can fix it she said to me

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

It seems the last update ruined lots of things, hopefully they can reverse engineer the issue, I doubt she meant no one at Arlo can fix their own firmware, it would be very unprofessional for someone to say that. As all bugs can be fixed eventually. This last round of updates seems to have caused lots of issues for people.

varenummer
Guide
Guide

Icant understand WHY the timeFRAME from trouble to solution is like months

Waste in time
Waste in customers
Waste in the brand

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the app store. If you're still experiencing an issue with Geofencing, please reach out to me in a private message to troubleshoot further.

Thank you,

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation