Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Friend Can See Base Station But Not 3 Cameras - PRO ? Outside and 2 Essentials inside

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TMW949
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Base Station with a Pro 4 (I think; how can I tell from remote?) outside with a solar panel and 2 Essentials inside. I invited a friend (wife) and the invitation still shows Pending although I FINALLY got thru the security to create her account on an iPad Pro with Safari. She also has the app.  On Safari her account shows the Base station but no cameras and does not acknowledge the Secure subscription.  The app seems to show the same thing. Neither show the Library.  

I've tried all the suggestions I can find including the Friend logging in from both web and app and resending the invitation.  I don't really understand the UI suggestion in other posts in the community.  I'm hundreds of miles away from the system, so touching it is not a viable option at this time.  

I thought there was phone support for Secure subscribers, but I can't find a number to call.   Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
TMW949
Aspirant
Aspirant

By the way, the Friend gets notification on the iPad Pro, even thought the cameras don't appear on her account!  Frustrating!

TMW949
Aspirant
Aspirant

More reading and I tried using the invitation email Create Account button and then NOT creating one but using that web session to log in to the existing account.  Finally MY account shows the invitation has been Accepted. But I still can't see the cameras, the Library tab, or the Secure subscription from the Friend account -- even though the name of the Hub "Farm" (still) does appear there.  I'm still hoping someone can explain how to fix this situation.   

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TMW949 wrote:

But I still can't see ... the Library tab

Do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" on the friend account?  And "Library" on yours?

If so, you'll need to migrate your account to the newer "Feed" interface.  You do that by starting to onboard a Pro 5s camera (or a home security system).  Either way, the process will fail because you don't own them.  But starting the process will give you an option to migrate to "Feed".

There are quite a few differences, plus some bugs.  One big thing is that there are only three modes (Armed Home, Armed Away, and Standby), and no ability to make new custom ones.  Though you can edit the rules in those three.  Once you move the "Feed", there is no way to move back.

TMW949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, StephenB,

It turns out that one of my 3 cameras is called H10 in my web view.  I think that means it is a Pro 3, so I suppose I've posted this incorrectly -- if that matters here.  I didn't see a forum for App or Web issues or how to move this to another forum.

My wife/Friend doesn't want the Arlo app on her iPhone and wants to use her iPad Pro, so we must be stuck using the web interface via Safari (which looks just like the app, as far as I can tell) for her.

I kind of like the Library interface, but I suppose all this means Arlo is going to discontinue it.

If I convert MY interface to Feed will that cause the cameras to appear in her account?  (Only the base station "Farm" shows there now with NONE of the three camera showing; the other two are indoor Essentials.)

I tried the conversion using Home Security and that didn't seem to do anything.  I am not sure quite what you mean by "the process will fail".  How does it fail.

Thanks for addressing my situation/question.

TMW949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh, and yes, from HER account using Safari on an iMac I do see Dashboard and Feed.

I also DON'T see the Secure package there (but I see it on my Library view).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TMW949 wrote:

It turns out that one of my 3 cameras is called H10 in my web view.  

The Hx codes tell you the hardware revision of the model, not the model itself.  While that can sometimes be useful for support, it's useless here.

To find the camera model:

1. Go into the support area in the app
  2. Select the camera
  3. scroll to the bottom of the screen, and look for the product info
  4. match the VMCxxxx model against the list here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/docs

@TMW949 wrote:

I tried the conversion using Home Security and that didn't seem to do anything.  I am not sure quite what you mean by "the process will fail".  How does it fail.

Did you get a prompt to convert the feed?

Add Device will fail, simply because you don't have the device.  Details on exactly how depends on the onboarding procedure you use.  For instance, if the app wants you to have the Pro 5s camera scan a QR code, you can't do that because you don't have the camera.

@TMW949 wrote:

Oh, and yes, from HER account using Safari on an iMac I do see Dashboard and Feed.

I also DON'T see the Secure package there (but I see it on my Library view).

The subscription is in your account, so she won't see it - so that is normal.

But you will need to your account migrate to "feed" in order for her to see the shared cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation