Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Floodlight goes on at same time every night, Pro 3 and Pro 4

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PS22
Tutor
Tutor

I posted the same issue over a year ago with a Pro 3 cam:

I have a Pro 3 camera (not the flood light version). I have set up the profile ("Low Light settings) so that the camera uses IR at night but the flood light option is set to "no". I assume this means that motion will not trigger the flood light. Ever. However, each night, at approximately the same time, the flood light goes on for about 3 seconds and a video is captured but the video shows no motion. Has anyone had this experience? I am 99.9% sure that the light is not being triggered by motion but cannot seem to get rid of this behavior. The camera is using the current firmware. Any suggestions as to what to try?

The only response was that this was seen before. 

I have since purchased a Pro 4 and the same behaviour is happening.  To be clear, 2 cams, a Pro 3 and a Pro 4, with the same settings as described above, turn their spotlights on at the same time every night and record the area but there is no motion.

Any suggestions as to what to try?  Both cams have been reset by removing the batteries out of both and replacing them after a short time with no effect.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Even from way back when with the earliest cameras this happens. Most people won't notice it because they're asleep but various cameras may capture the action.

My opinion, FWIW, is that it's something about activity with the servers, perhaps a firmware check. I've never seen a camera  record itself, though.

Just ignore it because there's nothing you can do about it.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation