Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Flashing white recording

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Raheem52
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I stop my cameras not to flash while recording? Thanks a  lot 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Raheem52 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. My cameras lights work when they picture something. How can I stop that. Thanks

If your goal is to get recording without the spotlight on, then that is controlled via the Nightvision settings.

If you see "Feed" at the bottom of the app, there is a Nightvision page in the camera settings.  Turn Nightvision on, and then also select Black & White.  That will result in the recording using infrared (rendered as black on white so you can see it).  There are some IR LEDs that will light up on the camera, but those just look a dim red color to your eyes, so not obtrusive.

If you see "Library" at the bottom of the app, the organization of the settings is a bit different (and I don't recall exactly what it is).  But the same settings are available (perhaps "color" is called "low light color"). 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to define "flash" - a link to a sample video could help.

Raheem52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. My cameras lights work when they picture something. How can I stop that. Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Raheem52 wrote:

If your goal is to get recording without the spotlight on, then that is controlled via the Nightvision settings.

If you see "Feed" at the bottom of the app, there is a Nightvision page in the camera settings.  Turn Nightvision on, and then also select Black & White.  That will result in the recording using infrared (rendered as black on white so you can see it).  There are some IR LEDs that will light up on the camera, but those just look a dim red color to your eyes, so not obtrusive.

If you see "Library" at the bottom of the app, the organization of the settings is a bit different (and I don't recall exactly what it is).  But the same settings are available (perhaps "color" is called "low light color"). 

Raheem52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot.  Will try that.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation