Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Creating household access through one subscription

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Bthrutch
Follower
Follower

I originally set up four cameras for our house and purchased an Arlo secure plan.  I shared the cameras with my wife by setting up a login under her name.  However the Secure Plan features were not active under her login, so we had to purchase her own Secure Plan (was this even necessary for the same household and cameras?).  Now that she has the Secure Plan, its indicating that there are no active cameras on the account (though she can see them in the “devices” panel.  How do we add the cameras to her account to access the secure plan features?  Do i even need two separate subscriptions for the same house and cameras?

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The granted user does not require a subscription plan on her account to view your shared cameras.

If you have more than one or two cameras you may want to use a multiple camera subscription.

If the granted user is unable to see your shared cameras it is likely an arlo app implementation issue.

Use your subscription to get arlo to resolve.

aarias
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here when granting shared access to another person.

1. Setup 4 cameras successfully

2. Shared access with a friend via an invite.

3. Friend creates login credentials on arlo website and downloads the Arlo Secure App for iOS.

4. Friend logs in successfully but see none of the 4 shared cameras.

There has to be something wrong or I'm missing. One thing I haven't done yet is setup up a subscription plan. Is this necessary to share live views of my cameras?  I don't think so bases on the two subscriptions you setup... this makes no sense.. Anyone know what we're missing ??\

thanks in advance.

aaa

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master
Benlj79az
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here.  I have tried multiple times following all the recommended steps from various articles and user posts.  I can get it to where it shows as accepted on my end but then my wife's phone doesn't show any of the devices.  Arlo should be embarrassed about how clunky this part of their system is.  What a terrible user experience.  The internet is littered with posts of the same issue and seemingly they've done nothing to fix it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Benlj79az wrote:

I can get it to where it shows as accepted on my end but then my wife's phone doesn't show any of the devices.  

Does your account show "Feed" as an option?  Or does it show "Library"?

What does hers show?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation