Connecting pro 4 to existing account with older cameras in a 2nd home

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kboschetti
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to set up 4 new pro4 cameras but they were not able to connect to the wifi.  Can there be 2 separate networks on one account?  I'm not sure but I think there might be a conflict with my existing account with older generation cameras and this being a different home.  I have an account with 2 older generation cameras at my home connected to a base station.  I bought 4 pro 4 cameras to install in another house.  While trying to set up those cameras in the other house using my existing app I got stuck with the cameras not being able to connect to the wifi.  During the setup process the app wanted to connect through a base station.  Since I'm not using a base station in the second house I bypassed this.  While continuing to connect I went through the process and had each camera scan the QR code to connect. Each one chimed and when I was done it attempted to connect but after several minutes they were unable to connect.  I did it twice with the same result.  I ran out of time and had to leave.  i have since taken the cameras, made sure they were all charged (they had charge while I was setting up so that wasn't the issue) and wanted to post this for help next time I get to the other house.

Is there a conflict using 2 different types of cameras at 2 locations with one account/app that is causing the problem or is it something else?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kboschetti wrote:

I tried to set up 4 new pro4 cameras but they were not able to connect to the wifi.  Can there be 2 separate networks on one account? 

Yes.  I have two bases, plus some cameras that are connected directly my home wifi.  

@kboschetti wrote:

Is there a conflict using 2 different types of cameras at 2 locations with one account/app that is causing the problem or is it something else?

Something else.

Possibly the router wasn't set up for WPA2 (AES) security???

kboschetti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

I didn't get into the router settings.  the other house if my father-in-laws.  I'll have to check next time I'm there.  Appreciate the assistance.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation