Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Fjcosiom
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife subscribed for the premium feature that allows for review of previous times and events; paying @ 27 dollars a month.  We don’t know how to access the feature and cannot find any support in doing so.  Can anyone give us an indication what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BrookeN wrote:

This will have the steps for cancelling the subscription:

https://kb.arlo.com/1215141/How-do-I-change-or-cancel-my-Arlo-subscription-plan

Once it is cancelled you can then get the subscription under the primary account holder. 

@Fjcosiom:  Unfortunately, Arlo will not refund any money on the canceled subscription.

Another path is to remove the camera(s) from your husbands account, and add them to yours.  then share them back with your husband. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fjcosiom wrote:

My wife subscribed for the premium feature that allows for review of previous times and events; paying @ 27 dollars a month.  We don’t know how to access the feature and cannot find any support in doing so.  Can anyone give us an indication what to do?

Was she using the primary account?  Or was she using a shared "Friend" account?

Fjcosiom
Aspirant
Aspirant

She used her shared account.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fjcosiom wrote:

She used her shared account.

You need to subscribe using the primary account.

I'm tagging the mods - @JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS . Possibly they can suggest something other than canceling her subscription and getting a new subscription in your account.

Fjcosiom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Stephen, this is most helpful.   Do you have any suggestion on how we can cancel the subscription that she is being charged for.  Both of us looked and did not find a cancellation link.

Thank you again.  You have been most helpful as we find the Arlo support a bit obtuse.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Once it is cancelled you can then get the subscription under the primary account holder. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BrookeN wrote:

@Fjcosiom:  Unfortunately, Arlo will not refund any money on the canceled subscription.

Another path is to remove the camera(s) from your husbands account, and add them to yours.  then share them back with your husband. 

Fjcosiom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen, thank you so much for all your help.  Have managed to successfully complete all the tasks with you expert advice.  I don’t think we will resubcribe under my account as Arlo’s non-existent support does not portend well with future implementations of their products.  However, they are benefiting from members like you in the community and your knowledge and assistance should be acknowledged and appreciated.  Thank you again.

Paco (FJCosioM)

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation