Can you press play and auto Live recording

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EYROYS
Follower
Follower

Is there a setting or way when you click the play button to see a live view that it will automatically start recording?  I got a notice that a person was detected and when I saw what was going on, I clicked on live to use the microphone function but unless I also clicked on record manually, it didn't record that interaction. I have the arlo pro 4. Also, when the alarm function is activated, it screams through the base unit in the house and not from the camera, that I know of. The video that sent me the alert is attached. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EYROYS wrote:

Is there a setting or way when you click the play button to see a live view that it will automatically start recording? 

No.  And unfortunately if you start a live view during a motion-detected recording, the recording will stop.

@EYROYS wrote:

Also, when the alarm function is activated, it screams through the base unit in the house and not from the camera, that I know of. 

You must be using a VMB4000 base then (new bases like the VMB4500, VMB4540, and VMB5000 don't have a siren).

You might need to set off the siren while standing in front of the camera to check this.  The siren camera is IMO too soft to be very useful.  Also, if you aren't certain on the camera model then you should check it.  Pro 4 cameras do have an in-camera feature but some older Pro models don't.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation