Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Can't view video in Chrome Browser, mic not working, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RickWick
Follower
Follower

HOW DO I RETURN THIS CAMERA? I installed my new Pro 4 and the screen is blank on my monitor until something moves near it (No continuous monitoring). The LED light does not come on when I walk up to the camera. And I can't view the video in Chrome browser. The microphone does not work.  The video quality sucks it does not look like 2K to me. I have 2 older 1080 ARLO cameras and the image is much better on them and I can see/monitor the cameras without walking in front of it. Arlo has disconnected the Support phone (on Oct. 2021) and I can't find a way to actually Contact Support? HELP? Anyone?

1 REPLY 1
Retired_Member
Not applicable

To return the camera, check the return policy for the vendor your purchased the camera from.  So long as you have the original packaging and receipt and it's not too long since you purchased it you should be able to return it.

Re. the problems you're seeing - try the latest version of the Arlo app for Android or iPhone/iPad and see which problems are purely due to the use of the 'My Arlo' site via browser.  For example - viewing 2K video recordings in Chrome is not possible.  The only commonly used web browser that directly supports the high definition video CODEC (file format) used by Arlo cameras is Microsoft Edge, and even then it only works if Edge is running on a computer that has a video card which has built-in support for that high definition file format.  If may be that most or all of the problems you're seeing will be resolved using the app rather than the web site, and checking all the camera settings using the app.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation