Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HMishkoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just got my Pro 4, but I can't open it to insert a battery.

I press the button on the bottom, the camera pops out of the case maybe half an inch, but then it's stuck. I can't open it further if I press the button some more, or if I don't press the button some more, or if I press the button part way, whatever, it's just stuck. If I can't open it, I can't insert the battery, so I'm dead in the water.

What am I doing wrong? I assume it's something obvious, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHile there may be a manufacturing defect causing the camera to be stuck, you should be able to grasp the black camera edge and pull it out. Have you tried pushing it back in until it clicks and released it again? The button simply releases the camera from its closed position - holding it isn't needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHile there may be a manufacturing defect causing the camera to be stuck, you should be able to grasp the black camera edge and pull it out. Have you tried pushing it back in until it clicks and released it again? The button simply releases the camera from its closed position - holding it isn't needed.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

After you do get it open, try a small wipe of silicon grease on the o-ring... it's prob dry and binding.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
HMishkoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks! I was able to get it to work after a while.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation