Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ctammen71
Initiate
Initiate
New user, New system setup. Have tried 2 different routers, and brought original set of Pro 4s back to the store and exchanged for a new set....same issue. Insert the battery, connect to 2.4ghz wifi, and get the chime on the device when scanning the QR code. Once it gets to the point of discovering the cameras, it sits and spins and will never find a camera. Multiple resets on all devices, 2 different routers, and two different sets of camera with the same result.

The cameras appear to be connected to the router fine. I can pull up the connected devices and all the cameras show as connected to the router with a strong signal.

I'm at a loss....any ideas on next steps to try?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is a VPN in use? If so, disable it. Is your router set for separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5GHz bands or are you using "smart connect"? Can you set your phone to use only the 2.4GHz band for setup?

ctammen71
Initiate
Initiate

No VPN is in use, and yes there are separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5GHz. Through my router I can see the cameras are connected via the 2.4 band, and my phone is connected to the 2.4 band as well. I will do some double checking though to make sure. 

Amoxilin
Initiate
Initiate

Been having the same problem as yours. The app keeps searching for cameras but can never found them. I haven't found any meaningful solution from internet yet. I might have to return it......

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ctammen71 wrote:

No VPN is in use, and yes there are separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5GHz. Through my router I can see the cameras are connected via the 2.4 band, and my phone is connected to the 2.4 band as well. I will do some double checking though to make sure. 

You could also try using my.arlo.com (in a PC browser) to add the cameras.  Ideally connect the PC to the router with wired ethernet.

jabatinski
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue (reported link provided below), the app keeps searching but never finds a camera. No solution has been provided either. I have 3 paperweights worth $500 sitting in my study that will not connect. I have gone from being a happy Arlo customer (with a Baby Monitor camera that works fine apart from a little lag) to being extremely disappointed and now looking for alternatives.

I bought 3 of these cameras for internal security with nannies looking after our kids and they stopped working. It is very frustrating. 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-4/Pro-4-VMC4041P-will-not-connect-to-wi-fi/td-p/1825373

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jabatinski wrote:

I have the same issue (reported link provided below),

Did you try using a PC browser to re-add the cameras (as I suggested above)?

You also could try contacting support (use the link in the upper right of the forum page).

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation