Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can i use the charger that come with the camera to 24/7 live stream?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
msmmut
Guide
Guide

Can i use the charger that come with the camera to 24/7 live stream? or do i need the outdoor cable charging cable for that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@msmmut wrote:

Does the pro 4 need a base station for cvr? 

Yes.

@msmmut wrote:

I see the outdoor cable is 9v. is the charging power brick that comes with the camera the same?

The indoor charger is 5 volts @ 2 amps.  The outdoor cable uses 9 volts @ 1.1 amps in order to reduce the power loss in the longer cable.  Both actually provide the same power (10 watts either way), and both would work with CVR (and other AC powered features like Foresight).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@msmmut wrote:

Can i use the charger that come with the camera to 24/7 live stream? or do i need the outdoor cable charging cable for that?

Do you mean CVR (continuous video recording)? If so, you hopefully know that the feature also requires the camera to be connected to a base/smarthub.

The indoor charger is enough, but is not weatherproof.  So the camera would need to be sheltered.  I use an indoor charger for one of my Pro 3s - which is in an outdoor garage, so there is no rain/snow reaching the camera.

msmmut
Guide
Guide

It is under a roof so i am not afraid of the weather. but i wonder if it gives the power it need. i see the outdoor cable i 9v. is the charging power brick that comes with the camera the same?. Do the pro 4 need bare station for for cvr? if i have a subscription i dont think i would have base station for the pro 4?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@msmmut wrote:

Does the pro 4 need a base station for cvr? 

Yes.

@msmmut wrote:

I see the outdoor cable is 9v. is the charging power brick that comes with the camera the same?

The indoor charger is 5 volts @ 2 amps.  The outdoor cable uses 9 volts @ 1.1 amps in order to reduce the power loss in the longer cable.  Both actually provide the same power (10 watts either way), and both would work with CVR (and other AC powered features like Foresight).

msmmut
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the help.  then i buy the ultra 2. You saved my day 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation