Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera not working - no power

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kblackstad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 4 that I purchased in April.  It is not powering up.  Tried a different cable from another camera and still same issue.  Worked with the Bot to try and resolve it but could not.  Tried to chat with a live person but was told that I did not qualify for that.  How do I get to a real person as this camera has a 1 year warranty?  I cannot find a phone number or e-mail address for tech support.  Anyone got any clue?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kblackstad wrote:

I have an Arlo Pro 4 that I purchased in April.  It is not powering up. 

If you hold down the sync button for ~15 seconds, does the LED flash amber?

kblackstad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did try that and no, I do not get an amber light or any light for that matter.  I also tried another cable from my other camera and that did not work either.

dcfox1
Master
Master

How do I get to a real person as this camera has a 1 year warranty?  I cannot find a phone number or e-mail address for tech support.  Anyone got any clue?

Thanks.

In the APP under support settings click on a cam and there is a phone number. From what I read they should sill help if under warranty but you may have to jump through hoops to prove it.

kblackstad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I looked and the phone number field is blank.  Arlo's website claims I should be able to chat with someone if I have a system under warranty.  Their automated chat system sucks so it keeps claiming I do not have a system eligible for a live person.  I just filed a complaint with the BBB as I give up with this company.  I am glad this was my last camera and I stopped spending money on Arlos.  

dcfox1
Master
Master

Did you click on the phone icon to show the number? Just tried it and its there. 

kblackstad
Aspirant
Aspirant

That option is greyed out for me.  It has a blue circle with an i in it that takes you to the support options page.  It has a chart that shows warranty support is covered by a live person in chat.  However, the automated system keeps saying I am not eligible.  It is just an endless circle with that automated chat system.  I will just work it through the BBB.

dcfox1
Master
Master

You are in the APP under settings then support then click a camera? It is a the bottom and the phone icon is green. It is not on a web page. 

kblackstad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I see the option.  It is GREYED out.  No phone number.  During the troubleshooting, the bot had me remove the actual camera from the app.  But since it is not working, I cannot re-add it back to the app.  The other cameras I have in the app is older and out of warranty so the phone option is greyed out.  

Arlo App.jpg
dcfox1
Master
Master

I guess they are even not allowing non subscriber to call at all. I have 1 (866) 214-6520 if you want to try. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation