Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera detectiing all motion but I have it set to people only

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
scrimd
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the "feeds" section of the app I have it detecting people only. But in the individual camera section it only gives me the option of motion or no motion. If I turn off motion than I get nothing. If I have motion on I get everything - the feeds rule doesnt seem to kick in

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no "Feeds rule" - they are in Routines and Modes. The settings for what recordings show up in Feed are found in Settings, Home, Smart Notifications.

scrimd
Aspirant
Aspirant

So are you saying the camera is smart enough to recognize only people (vs wind blowing leaves on tree) and only show that in my feed - but for activating and capturing video per camera the only option is all motion or no motion?

I cant see any option to limit the creation of video on each camera to only people report people

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using the process I posted above, each camera has its own settings for what to show in Feed. It's important to note that any detection is recorded but the servers decide if it's one of those selections you chose.

scrimd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Understood - but how do I prevent the cameras from turning on (wasting battery) every time the wind blows a tree branch

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may well be a combination of lowering the motion sensitivity so the sun's IR doesn't reflect causing recordings and/or repositioning the camera so the leaves/branches, etc. aren't in sight from the camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scrimd wrote:

but how do I prevent the cameras from turning on (wasting battery) every time the wind blows a tree branch

The camera streams whenever it detects motion.  Smart Notifications and Activity zones are processed in the Arlo Cloud, so they have no effect on battery life.  

So you need to reduce the amount of motion the camera detects - either

• reducing the motion sensitivity in the camera rules
  • adjusting the camera position so the trees are not in the field of view.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation