Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Came starts recording when live streaming

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
1AMZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I connect to my camera, it automatically starts recording. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

1AMZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven’t tried any troubleshooting steps. This only happens on one camera and none of the other cameras I use are affected. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try removing and reinstalling the camera and test this again. 

1AMZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ll try it and advise. 

1AMZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the camera and removed the battery. I installed the battery and reconnected the camera to my system. The same thing happens. Each time I connect or refresh that particular camera, it triggers a recording that lasts 30 sec to several minutes. It’s only that one camera. 
Any other suggestions; thanks. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@1AMZ 

Thank you for testing and letting me know, I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out as soon as possible.

1AMZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I connected to the camera again. It continues to send a notification and records. It’s only one camera. I’m looking forward to talking to support next week. Thank you! 

1AMZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was supposed to have received a call from support at 12 ET. No one called. I still have the same issue and now all my cameras are off line. I’ve reset and still off line. I need help! ! 

1AMZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera continues to malfunction. When I connect to it for live view, it sends me a notification and starts recording from 30 seconds to several minutes. All my other cameras don’t do this. Arlo Pro 4 cameras don’t function as good as my previous Arlo Pro 2. 
Any suggestions??

1AMZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been waiting on a return call that was supposed to have been at 2:30 pm, ET. The caller who said he would call me was Brian. I can’t wait much longer. This is the second time calls have not been returned as agreed upon from Arlo support. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@1AMZ I notified your case manager. 

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation