Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery percentage issues still

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

I'm getting really frustrated and confused by Arlo's battery percentages. On the previous firmware the Arlo Pro 4 stayed at 100% for a week (XL battery and body kit) which never seemed right but it was like that from new, its only a month old. Now after the latest firmware update (fixed the image issues and now shows great night time images without the bugs in lighting it had) also on 1.080.16.1_10_85f5945 it now shows charging properly on my iPhone (iOS 14.7.1) and shows its finished when you unplug it unlike before, but now it drops 1% immediately you use it even to just test its position, then sits at 99%. If you don't get an activation for a day or two (rural location) the Pro 4 stays at 100% for days happily but as soon as you either use live view or positioning tests etc it drops to 99% immediately which I think is another bug, I mean if its just come off a charger it should stay at 100% for a few days with only a few notifications overnight (two or three) which is what I get generally my local foxes which I like to see. Its their for protection and I'm disabled so I can answer the door when the bell rings without going there in my wheelchair (its much faster at connecting now, not that I had many issues with that)

I wish Arlo could finally get the firmware right so it carries on showing charging and not charging as it does now but shows the correct battery percentage. No way it drops to 99% as soon as its used straight off the charger, the XL battery is only 1 months old too and as I said on the previous firmware it showed completely different behaviour. Its as I said, frustrating as you don't really know what the percentage of the camera actually is. These cameras have so many bugs, and for the price they really should not. Well At least my night images are sorted out now and it now behaves as it should. Turns out it wasn't the wall in the photo as some one here kindly tried to help me, which I appreciate, it was actually the firmware. Arlo please get your firmware sorted out. (sigh)

1 REPLY 1
Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

I should point out I have removed the camera (carer did) taken the battery out and even gone though the factory reset procedure, and removed the app and added it again so I have done all the trouble shooting I can. Also the camera went a bit weird the other day when the DLM decided to drop the connection and for once increase my throughput, the camera showed as not online in the morning. I think it may have happened when recording as I had one with nothing on it but that issue was fixed by a battery reset. This has never happened on the previous firmware and my line dropped on that version when I lost some throughput so this new version seems better in some ways (night image quality and battery showing its charging and then not on charge when you finish now, but worse in stability and showing a odd battery percentage drop as soon as any image is displayed but you can play with other settings with no percentage drop, only ones that activate the camera cause the percentage to fall to 99% minutes after being on charge. (it was still on 100% after 24 hours as there was no movement captures last night, but as soon as I tested its position it dropped to 99% immediately which it has never done on the previous firmware version. Signal quality is at maximum too.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation