Base Station shows up in app but cameras will not connect to the base station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dew45
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why is Arlo Support not very helpful? Must I resort to bashing them publicly?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dew45,

Are your cameras currently connected directly to your WiFi? Try removing one of the cameras, factory reset it, and then attempt to onboard again making sure to choose to connect to the base station when going through the installation process. Be sure your mobile device is connected to the same network as the base.

For instructions on factory resetting a camera, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dew45,

Could you provide more details about what you are experiencing? We may be able to assist here on the community.

JamesC

dew45
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Base station show's up in the application and sees the USB that is plugged into it and will even format ,  however the connected devices (cameras) will not connect to the base station.  It blinks orange all the time.  I have followed all of the articles on arlo's site and went through and removed the base and added it back and it still never sees the cameras.  Seems Arlo cameras are in need of some new software/support....from what I can tell from the reviews arlo has received.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dew45,

Are your cameras currently connected directly to your WiFi? Try removing one of the cameras, factory reset it, and then attempt to onboard again making sure to choose to connect to the base station when going through the installation process. Be sure your mobile device is connected to the same network as the base.

For instructions on factory resetting a camera, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

JamesC

dew45
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked....but the real question is why does it not recognize them if they are on the same network?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation