BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
nurselyssie
Tutor
Tutor

I can't believe I wasted $500 on this garbage. 

I bought the Pro4 system in 2019 with 4 cameras.  It worked flawlessly for the first year.  Then I moved some of the cameras outside, and it was all downhill from there. 

Not only did the batteries rapidly die in the cold weather, but the battery would not recharge IN ALL 4 CAMERAS. Making my system completely useless.  I purchased a replacement battery, which was not cheap ($60) for one of the cameras.  It is a joke that they market it as rechargeable, because it recharged ONE TIME ONLY, and will not hold a charge again. 

I attempted to connect with customer service to resolve this issue, but because i do not have a paid subscription to my NONFUNCTIONING SECURITY SYSTEM, I am not "ENTITLED" to live agent support. 

**bleep** Product. **bleep** company. Do yourself a favor and save your money !!!! 

😠

I would love to hear from a rep from Arlo to resolve this, but I highly doubt I will given my experience thus far. 

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @nurselyssie 

Thanks for the feedback regarding these symptoms? I see the cameras are offline at the moment still. Do any of the devices power on when the AC power adapter is attached? 

nurselyssie
Tutor
Tutor

A blue light was inconsistently & sparingly flashing when i first plugged it in to the adapter. But during these VERY brief moment of the light flashing, i still havent been able to successfully connect to the base. 

And now, none of the cameras will even flash  when plugged in. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@nurselyssie 

Are you using the original power adapter and cable? Is it possible to try another if so?

nurselyssie
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried the original power adapter, and another arlo adapter that i think might have come with the replacement battery i purchased. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@nurselyssie Can you plug the cameras in and try and factory reset them by pressing and hold the Sync button for about 15 seconds, until the camera LED begins blinking Blue, then release the button.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

nurselyssie
Tutor
Tutor

I tried factory resetting according to your instructions. One of the cameras blinked 2x with about 10 seconds in between, and then didn’t do anything else. When I tried holding the syn button down a second time, it didn’t blink at all. 

The other  3 cameras didn’t blink at all. 
The arlo app is still not detecting it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for trying, I have escalated this for you and Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. You can find your escalation number here: 44109325

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation