Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Audio and Microphone Turned off and Still getting notification of Sound Detected

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dforand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just recently on one of my Arlo 4 cameras I started to get an annoying notification that sound was detected. Now this is like every second. It is a constant notification. So I turned off the Microphone. Still continued. So I also turned off the Audio. Still continued. I have ended up having to turn off the camera. 
I did just have a firmware update, and the app is updated as well. I am so annoyed. Any suggestions? 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dforand wrote:

Just recently on one of my Arlo 4 cameras I started to get an annoying notification that sound was detected. Now this is like every second. It is a constant notification. So I turned off the Microphone. Still continued. So I also turned off the Audio.

Did you double-check that audio detection is disabled in the rules for the camera (in the modes you are using)

Also go into the smart notification settings, and disable the CO/Smoke detection.  That uses audio (listening for chirps from a nearby smoke detector).

If those don't help, then try removing the camera from the account, doing a factory reset, and then add the camera back.

The way to do the factory reset is to open the camera and press the sync button inside until the camera flashes amber (~15 seconds).

dforand
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have adjust those let's see if it helps. I never thought to do that. Even the humidity. I live in Florida it's humid. Lol I don't need my camera telling me. Thanks for the suggestion! 

dforand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well that didn't work. 🤷🏻‍♀️

1000009452.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dforand wrote:

Well that didn't work. 

Did you check the rule(s) in the mode(s) you are using?  Make sure Audio Detection is disabled there.

Audio Detection can still be enabled even if the mic is turned off. (The mic isn't really "off" - the audio is just blocked in livestreaming or recordings).

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation