Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo website and app randomly shows devices offline

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Slaymantis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro 4 Wire-Free Spotlight Camera 4 pack and a doorbell and chime.

The issue is that both the mobile app and the website randomly show the devices offline.

If I refresh then sometimes they come back but others show offline randomly.

I recently upgraded to a wifi mesh network to also try to help this issue. The network supports 2.5Ghz

If I check the wifi mesh it shows that all the devices are connected they never disconnect from the wifi.

The Arlo app and website show that they are disconnected. I have taken some screen grabs to show this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Slaymantis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I managed to find a way to fix this.

I assigned a reserved IP to each camera from the router.

They are stable now and no longer show disconnects.

Hope this helps someone else too.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Slaymantis,

When this happens, are the cameras still Armed? Do you still receive push notifications and recordings when they are triggered by motion?

JamesC

Slaymantis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Thanks for checking.

I did some tests based on your feedback by walking around once they are armed. 

They don't give any notifications if the app says they are disconnected. However, my wifi router says they are connected to the network. I can also ping their IP addresses on the network too.

I am also checking my router settings. Is it possible the router could cause issues too? Are there any ports I need to open? Perhaps it's an issue with the cameras communicating to the Arlo servers?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Slaymantis,

If you're not getting notifications or recordings when the app says they are offline, this suggests that status isn't inaccurate. Because the issue is inconsistent, it isn't likely a problem with router settings.

It could simply be poor signal strength or a WiFi interference issue. Try temporarily relocating a camera and test to see if you still experience the same behavior in a new location.

JamesC

Slaymantis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I recently put in a wifi mesh network with great coverage as I thought that was the issue too.

I can see the cameras on my network and I am able to always ping them.

I can confirm that they never actually disconnected from wifi network.

They only show disconnected on the Arlo app and website.

I will however try your advice and put all the cameras next to one of the wifi mesh units and test.

Slaymantis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I managed to find a way to fix this.

I assigned a reserved IP to each camera from the router.

They are stable now and no longer show disconnects.

Hope this helps someone else too.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation