Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
almogeit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using the Pro4 with VMB4000 base station. Subscription plan is not available in my country. I have to old Pro and Pro2 cameras which record videos normally on a usb stick t hat is connected to the base station, but the new Pro4 does not record any video. Shouldn't that be supported?

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@almogeit wrote:

I'm using the Pro4 with VMB4000 base station. Subscription plan is not available in my country. I have to old Pro and Pro2 cameras which record videos normally on a usb stick t hat is connected to the base station, but the new Pro4 does not record any video. Shouldn't that be supported?

Your Pro and Pro 2 cameras came with 7-day cloud storage, so their videos are both on the USB stick in the cloud. The Pro 4 doesn't have any cloud storage, so it only stores video on the USB stick. 

To see the USB storage on your base, you will need to eject the USB storage and connect it to a PC for viewing.  You can't see those videos in the app or browser.

You could potentially upgrade to a VMB4540 or VMB5000 smarthub, that would let you see the Pro 4 videos in the app (but not the web browser).

almogeit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen for this quick and detailed answer.

However, I'm aware that the stored videos can only be viewed via a PC. But when I ejected the USB storage from the base station and connected it to the PC, I found no video file stored from this camera (while there were many other files from my other 2 cameras).

Seems to me that this is either some kind of miscommunication of Arlo or a bug that must be fixed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@almogeit wrote:

when I ejected the USB storage from the base station and connected it to the PC, I found no video file stored from this camera (while there were many other files from my other 2 cameras).

Seems to me that this is either some kind of miscommunication of Arlo or a bug that must be fixed.

It could be a bug.

You might want to double-check that the Pro 4 is connected through the base, and not directly to your home wifi.

almogeit
Aspirant
Aspirant

For sure this camera is connected through the base. I've removed and added it back again a couple of times as part of trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Do you know how can this issue be reported to Arlo's Support, so they can verify it and provide a fix?

almogeit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Moreover, not storing the video is only part of the problem. No notifications (neither text or email) are sent for motion detection while the camera is armed. Practically, the camera is useless.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@almogeit wrote:

Moreover, not storing the video is only part of the problem. No notifications (neither text or email) are sent for motion detection while the camera is armed. Practically, the camera is useless.

Ok, that makes me wonder if the PIR sensor in the camera has failed.

Have you tried enabling audio detection, just to see if that gives you alerts?

Also, have you tried the motion detection test?

almogeit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update (after lots of trials and errors):

1. Motion detector seems to work fine.

2. Video clips are stored on the USB drive.

3. Push notifications are received on my mobile phone.

4. Emails are not sent. Could it be related to the lack of cloud storage?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@almogeit wrote:

4. Emails are not sent. Could it be related to the lack of cloud storage?

Are email notifications enabled in the camera rule?

almogeit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, enabled. I've set a dedicated rule for each camera and specified that all rules should send emails. emails are sent for the Pro and Pro2 cameras, but not for the Pro4 camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@almogeit wrote:

Yes, enabled. I've set a dedicated rule for each camera and specified that all rules should send emails. emails are sent for the Pro and Pro2 cameras, but not for the Pro4 camera.

Ok.  Not something I can easily try, since I do have a subscription.

Wheaten
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have VBB4540 smart hub. Recording on a memory stick. How do I watch the videos in app?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wheaten wrote:

Have VBB4540 smart hub. Recording on a memory stick. How do I watch the videos in app?

When you look at the main app screen, are you seeing "Library" as a menu option?  Or are you seeing "Dashboard" and "Feed"?

(this matters, the method for viewing them depends on which interface you have).

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation