Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Ian_speeding
Tutor
Tutor

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had a issue with a pro 4 keep loosing connection I’ve had a pro in the same place for years and I’ve just upgraded to a pro 4 I put it in the same place and it keeps dropping connection ?? It’s got the latest software on it and so does the base station all the other cameras on the network work. I can’t keep going up ladders to reset it it’s just not viable any help and advice I would appreciate thank you.

34 REPLIES 34
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It looks like it.  If you have an Android phone, you could get some more details on the signal strength (and competing signals) at the camera location using a WiFi analyzer.  There are several free analyzers in the app store.

Amusjh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an iPhone.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Amusjh wrote:

I have an iPhone.

As do I - unfortunately there are no free analyzers available for iOS.

There are some for PCs.  So if you have a laptop, you could do a similar check (though of course it's not as convenient).  Netspot has a free analyzer that is available for both Windows and Mac. https://www.netspotapp.com/

Amusjh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Coming back to this because I have yet been able to get this resolved and my cameras are not staying connected.  Why would my Arlo Pro 4s have wifi interference and my original Arlo did not in the exact same location?  I'm using the same mount for my Pro 4 that I had for the original one.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Amusjh wrote:

Coming back to this because I have yet been able to get this resolved and my cameras are not staying connected.  Why would my Arlo Pro 4s have wifi interference and my original Arlo did not in the exact same location?  I'm using the same mount for my Pro 4 that I had for the original one.

Do you still have the old camera?  Might be worth putting it back as a test, and see if it stays connected or not.

FWIW, one difference with the Pro 4 is that it will need more bandwidth than the Pro 2 (due to the 2K resolution).  I'm not saying that's the issue for you though.

Mukman
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue with my Arlo pro 4. I have two other Arlo 3's with no issues and they are greater distance from the base. I also notice that the camera audio has static, but it's been that way since day one. The pro 3's are nice and quiet.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mukman,

Is the Pro 4 connected to a base station/SmartHub or directly to your home network?

JamesC

Braveheart_1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did anyone get a fix to these cameras disconnecting. Just bought a couple same problem. Tried with a hub and directly to internet still dropping.

DaOtherOne
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo has not fixed the problem. They were one of the camera solutions we were evaluating for a business campus deployment.  They were eliminated from the cameras we are evaluating because of this issue.

My issues were reported in Jan/Feb.  I provided detailed wireshark network traces documenting that the disconnection problem was due to the Arlo Application running Amazon servers in Europe.  Even with this level of diagnostic information they have been unable to fix the problem. It appears that they have excellent hardware engineers but their software and network engineers are not qualified to work on cloud native based applications.

K5Greg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issues. Just upgraded to Pro4’s from Pro2’s and changed base from a 4000 to a 5000. At least 2 of the 4 cameras are disconnecting constantly. In the same locations as the Pro 2’s What gives?
Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation