Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 4 wireless - front yard camera drains battery in just 1 day

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Alargo
Initiate
Initiate

I currently have 3 arlo pro 4 cameras set up on my house, 1 in front, 1 in back, and 1 at my garage. My front yard camera drains a newly charged battery in just 1 day! I replaced it yesterday morning it was at 100% I even turn the camera off during the day then back on before bed, checked this morning my battery is at 16%! I even have a solar panel connected to this camera and seems to drain even fast with that. Both of my other cameras hold charge no problem and are further away from the router than this one. I've disconnected, reset, swapped battery, everything I can think of and the problem stays the same or gets worse. Im really wishing I wouldve just saved some money and bought a different system. Help.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location that's causing the problem. You may also want to remove the solar panel for testing since it seems to be possible for a faulty panel to drain the battery.

Alargo
Initiate
Initiate
I've swapped the cameras around and its always just this spot. All the areas around my house are active (live on a corner) and my backyard always has my dog and my neighbors dog in it so I dont think there's too much more activity in this one spot. I tried changing the recording zone but to keep the zone off the road itd have to be only a fraction of what I need covered because the zone is not customizable. Also I should add that I haven't always had this issue. When I first installed these cameras all batteries lasted about the same until about amonth or so after install.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The zone stilll needs a recording for the servers to decide if it's within the zone or not. The only way around this is to use AC power for the camera so the zones are locally processed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation