Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 4 fully battery charge at 8pm, by 9am the next morning the battery was dead

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Athena123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought the arlo pro 4, got everything set up & put into my horses stall on a fully battery charge at 8pm, by 9am the next morning the battery was dead. Is it a bad battery or something to do with settings?

13 REPLIES 13
Streak2
Master Master
Master

How many recordings were there in the library by the next morning?

It's possible that there was so much movement during that period that the camera kept on triggering.

Is the Pro4 connected to an Arlo base or directly to your wifi?

Athena123
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is connected directly through wifi, I think I recorded most of the night so could be one issue. How do I change it to not pick up every movement? Another issue came up, I brought it home to charge & it will not charge at all.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Just to make sure, look in the library to see how many recording there actually were during that period.

Also, how many times did you live view as that would also consume extra battery power.

There are some steps you can take to get the dead battery charging again

go here https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx 

select live chat and follow the prompts from the virtual assistant. 

Athena123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Probably around 50-70 recordings, I only live viewed 3 times for a few seconds.
I've sadly the virtual assistant has been no help at all which is why I posted here.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

When you attach the magnetic charging cable is there any light flashing on the front of the camera?

Are you using the original white USB charger that came with the camera?

This article applies to an older model but you could try this procedure with your Pro 4 as well.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

Athena123
Aspirant
Aspirant
At first it would flash a few times then nothing, eventually it had a solid blue light while on the charger & stayed like that through the night till I removed it from the charger. Still says dead battery through the app afterwards. I will take a look at the link, thank you!
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The light should flash blue for a few seconds once the charger is attached then turn solid blue some hours later when fully charged. While charging check your app and it should show that the camera is charging.

Athena123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I checked it routinely while charging through the app & the app only says battery is dead, connect to charger
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Athena123 wrote:
I checked it routinely while charging through the app & the app only says battery is dead, connect to charger

Have you tried the procedure @Streak2 posted multiple times? (the link suggests trying it 5 times before giving up).

Athena123
Aspirant
Aspirant
What procedure did he post several times? He only posted the arlo virtual support link & the other charging link one time, not multiple. By the way yes I have & if it worked I wouldn't be on this forum. Maybe you have actual suggestions to get the camera & app working???
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Athena123 wrote:
What procedure did he post several times?

You misunderstood my sentence (which on re-reading was ambiguous).

I was meaning to refer you to step 8 of the procedure @Streak2 posted: https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

That says to repeat step 6 five times before giving up.

Athena123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have done that with no results. I've decided to cancel my subscription to arlo & return the camera.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Athena123 wrote:
Probably around 50-70 recordings, I only live viewed 3 times for a few seconds.

50-70 recordings in 13 hours will kill the battery fast. On your next cam you get you should  hook it to AC power so it does not go dead. I image there is a lot of movement in a horse stall. 

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation