Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 4 draining in two days after firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
river343
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo pro 4 cameras are 3 months old, not that the battery life was that great to start with I'd get a couple of weeks before they needed charging but now one of the cameras is draining completely in 2-3 days.

Last week I bought the camera in to charge and it requested a firmware update. I allowed the camera to complete the update but since then it has completely drained twice. I had it set to 'best battery' and the camera is recording about twice an hour during the day 

I need to charge the second camera in the next couple of days, worried this will happen also. Please advise wha. 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@river343 wrote:

Last week I bought the camera in to charge and it requested a firmware update. I allowed the camera to complete the update but since then it has completely drained twice. I had it set to 'best battery' and the camera is recording about twice an hour during the day 

Is this with activity zones?  You might try removing any zones as a test, and see if you get a flood of recordings.

Also, I suggest rebooting the camera (removing the battery and reinserting it).  If that doesn't help, try a full reset.

eelpout
Tutor
Tutor

this just started happening on one of my Pro 4's as well. not a battery issue as I've tried with 3 different Arlo branded ones; all these have drained to zero in around 30 hours.

nothing else was changed and it behaved well before a recent update.

I've tried re-pairing to both Wi-Fi and a base station and the same drain occurs.

I'll try doing the full 15 second reset and see what happens.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation