Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 4- battery life

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ivan813
Follower
Follower
Hi i'm trying to figure out why my cameras discharge in a day in a halve, i set an extender on every corner of the house so i know wifi signal is strong, reduce the motion sensitivity, put the settings on best battery life and nothing seems to help, i get a lot of tree shadow movement notifications and a wind spinner notification constantly. even when there's no recording the battery seems to just drain. At this point i'm just ready to repack them and return them because the up and down a ladder is not fun. Any suggestions will be appreciated
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you read the FAQs here on best camera positioning and motion sensitivity settings you can probably eliminate the issue quickly. 

First, the sun's IR be reflected off moving branches/leaves will always be an issue for any device that uses IR detection. The best solution is to eliminate those items from the camera view. You want to point the camera to where you need the detection such as the sidewalk up to the door, not at the sky, street and trees. You may well have to move the camera to accomplish this.

In addition, many of use use custom modes with rules that have lower sensitivity during the day to minimize any such reflections and false triggers. You can then use the schedule to automate switching as needed.

Finally, remember that the sun's position changes over the seasons.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation