Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DoubleA
Aspirant
Aspirant
So my hub can not reach the front door with an arlo 3 camera so I installed a arlo pro 4 that hooks direct to WiFi works great except arlo pro 4 cameras can not connect to home kit without a hub? So Arlo only works in very small homes if you plan on using home kit. The base station has very little strength. Help any solution?
3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you tried moving the hub to a more central location. You can connect the hub to a wifi extender or powerline extender with an Ethernet connection. I have a smart hub on one end of the house and it connects fine with a camera beyond the other end of the house. Also try moving the Base/hub at it's current location as far as the cable will allow from the router as it is a common problem with interference being to close along with house construction. 

DoubleA
Aspirant
Aspirant
My WiFi booster sits in a hallway outlet at mid point of house I can’t imagine sitting on the floor some white box even then each camera barley reaches and makes connect times long. . Arlo should just update firmware and let it work with HomeKit without a hub.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DoubleA wrote:
. Arlo should just update firmware and let it work with HomeKit without a hub.

That would be ideal, but of course isn't the case now.

In the meantime, you either need to place the base(s) within range of the camera(s), or you just wait and hope that Arlo will eventually add homekit support w/o a hub.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation