Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo android - Can't register a new account

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Torion
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am an android cellphone user, I cant even use the arlo android app to register an account, i need to use someone's iPhone to register and use my android phone to log in. If you see the comments from varius users about your app on play store, you will see not only me having the same issue, its every Android users having this problem with your android app, now i just updated my android, and i cant even use your app on my android phone to log in, wtf is wrong with your app, its a horrible experience, if you only prefer iphone users, just tell people your system doesnt support android, fix it asap

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or check with China to see if they happen to be causing this.

Whatever happened, it wasn't the app and should be working now.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've only had Android since almost the beginning of Arlo with no issues. If you can't login/use the app, you need to tell us all details about what you've tried, what you see, what phone, what version of Android, etc. It's a local problem, not all blame on Arlo.

Torion
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app with my 2 android phones, zenphone 8 and huawei 20pro,  still cannot sign in to the account, i used my friend's phone, its a sony, same problem, i dont think its my phones' problem, the app dont support the new version of Android 

Torion
Aspirant
Aspirant

What else i can do to login to my account? Buy an iPhone?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Where are you? Have you tried both cell service  as well as WiFi?

Torion
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hong kong, yes i tried both cellular data and domestic wifi

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are multiple threads on this today. It seems like a Hong Kong issue (or maybe a general area including Hong Kong) issue that may well not be an Arlo issue. I believe the web client, my.arlo.com, is working but not the app.

Torion
Aspirant
Aspirant

So Arlo please fix your android app asap

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or check with China to see if they happen to be causing this.

Whatever happened, it wasn't the app and should be working now.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation