Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 power connected battery draining

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
taboni
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hardware VMC4041PAerH4

Firmware 1.080.18.3_32_bf8e460

I have a Pro 4 connected full time to A/C power yet the battery still drains (down to 65% currently)...If I disarm and let it sit for a few hours it will eventually recharge but why is it draining so much even though its connected 24/7?  I have another camera connected in the same way and it never goes below 100%

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@taboni wrote:

I have a Pro 4 connected full time to A/C power yet the battery still drains (down to 65% currently)...If I disarm and let it sit for a few hours it will eventually recharge but why is it draining so much even though its connected 24/7?  I have another camera connected in the same way and it never goes below 100%

Could be the charger, the power, or perhaps the camera circuitry.

Have you tried swapping the two cameras, to see if it makes any difference?

taboni
Aspirant
Aspirant

Its curious since the camera does charge when idle for some time, so it wouldn't be the cable or charger I am thinking.  To note that once the battery level drops, the 3 second preview ceases to work, as if the camera doesn't recognize that it is plugged in unless the power level is at 100%.   I have tried to reset it, etc but will be swapping out cameras to totally eliminate the charger possibility.

SquirrelsRule
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Arlo Pro 4 with power connected.

Battery has drained to 1%. At this point it will stop working and have a notice to charge the battery. Sometimes it will then charge up to 3%+ and work a day or so then back to shut off again.

About 2 weeks ago it suddenly went back to 100% for about a week and then back to 1 to 3%. This is at a distant location. On the original set up it worked for about 3 months with battery staying at 100%.

Firmware 1.070.52.1_35_1bdb65f

Connected to a Base Station w/Firmware 1.20.1.1_4167_eccc317

SquirrelsRule
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm wrong it's not one of my Arlo Pro 4 Cameras with the battery draining problem, It's the Arlo Ultra 2.

Everything else is accurate.

taboni
Aspirant
Aspirant

I replaced the charger with another one last night and camera charged back to 100%.....very few alerts but now I see it down to 65% again.  Has to be something in the camera or battery  that is causing this

SquirrelsRule
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 4 with power connected (Camera is at remote location 120 miles away) is now 100% charged working great, about 6 days ago it was fluctuating between 1% and 3% and would be on line a short time until it drained back to 1%. Evidently you can't turn the camera off when the battery is below 3%, it is frozen with the message to connect a charger and charge the battery event though it is connected to a charger. I managed to catch it when it was on line at 3% and turn it off. Once 'off' it charged the battery to 100% and has now held for several days.  So for whatever reason that is my solution for now..

I will post more later as there is one more possible reason for my problem...........

SquirrelsRule
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry it's my Arlo Ultra 2

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation